Possessing a villa may be a crazy dream, but it is possible and even more so in this city of beautiful landscapes. So, let’s discover how to do it.
Why choose a villa in Cannes?
This prestigious city with so much to offer in the south of France is the dream destination of many people. The famous Cannes Film Festival attracts a huge number of people, and if you are staying there, you will be in the front row for a photo with your favourite star. The city also hosts the Cannes Series and Les Plages Électroniques festival. You will never be bored thanks to the many choices that will fill your weekends.
Once Cannes has no more secrets for you, its location is ideal for excursions. Near Juan-Les-Pins, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat and Nice, the surroundings are filled with wonderful landscapes and typical shops to discover. Living in a villa in Cannes, even temporarily, can allow you to take real advantage of the entire French Riviera. The south is full of surprises and having a base there offers a lot of possibilities.
Owning a nice villa in Cannes thus offers you a wealth of activities when you go out but also allows you to enjoy absolute peace when you get back home.
So, how do you choose a private villa?
Depending on your preferences, several criteria are to be taken into account when you choose your dream villa in Cannes:
- Location → northern or southern exposure, seafront or even seaside, with no overlook, quiet area, close to the centre, terraced or not;
- Superb view → sea view, panoramic view, unobstructed view;
- Style → recent villa, contemporary style, Provençal, entirely renovated by an architect or traditional construction, spacious, luxury;
- Indoors and outdoors → surface area, number of rooms (three or four beautiful rooms, parental suite), bathrooms, shower rooms, large living room, fitted and equipped or not, open-plan or independent kitchen, lounge;
- Other preferred options → ceiling height, large covered terrace, heated infinity pool, large garden with wooded and enclosed field, summer kitchen, bay windows, cellar, dependencies, etc. ;
- Budget → renting or buying a property in Cannes, temporarily or not, is quite an investment. Therefore, you should first establish what you are financially capable of. The range of villas available to you depends on this capacity.
Purchase or rent?
Choosing the purchase or rental option on a website or at an agency depends on your real estate project.
You may, for example, already know Cannes well. Perhaps you went there once on holiday and fell in love with the place, or maybe you just have a mad desire to live there. This superb property in Cannes may become your main residence. If that is the case, then it’s time to pack up, hire a removal van and purchase your villa in Cannes. If you love the place, then you might as well live there for the rest of your life.
Otherwise, the villa will become a second home that opens its doors to you for the holidays. The only downside: dreaming of your swimming pool all winter while you wait for the summer season.
On the other hand, if you do not know the city very well yet, then it would be better to rent. Temporarily possessing a villa will allow you to discover Cannes, its activities and its surroundings. You can thus compare your criteria with what you have been able to test. In fact, if you start by simply spending your holidays there, you can try all the options. Holiday rental thus has different advantages and will clearly be beneficial to you.
When you have determined the details of your project, you can take the plunge, but it is essential to obtain good information first. Recently, I was looking for a beautiful villa for my holidays and I came across the John Taylor Estate Agency. They have a huge choice of luxury villas (beautiful properties for sale or rent) especially in the city of Cannes, but also in the surrounding area.
In the hope that you will find what you are looking for, I wish you a wonderful holiday in Cannes by the poolside of your villa.